The Animal Inspector assists and advises the public on the following:
- Investigates calls involving animal bites and cruelty complaints
- Rescues and impounds homeless cats and coordinates efforts to locate the owner or transfer the animal to a "no-kill" facility to promote adoption
- Assists with the preparation and transportation of specimens for rabies testing
- Inspects barns and conducts animal census as mandated by state law
- Assists with the annual rabies clinic (when applicable)
- Educates the public about laws, regulations and health and safety concerns involving animals
NOTE - Questions involving problem wildlife and dog violations, i.e. leash law and nuisance complaints (dog bites), should also be directed to Jennifer Gilson - (Animal Control/Dog Officer) by contacting the Emergency Operations Center at 978-468-1212.