The Animal Inspector assists and advises the public on the following:
- Assists the Dog Officer with finding placement for homeless dogs
- Investigates calls involving animal bites and cruelty complaints
- Rescues and impounds homeless cats and coordinates efforts to locate the owner or transfer the animal to a "no-kill" facility to promote adoption
- Assists with the preparation and transportation of specimens for rabies testing
- Inspects barns and conducts animal census as mandated by state law
- Assists with the annual rabies clinic (when applicable)
- Educates the public about laws, regulations and health and safety concerns involving animals
NOTE - Questions involving problem wildlife and dog violations, i.e. leash law and nuisance complaints (dog bites), should be directed to Stephen Kavanagh (Animal Control/Dog Officer) by contacting the Emergency Operations Center at 978-468-4421.
NOTICE - The Animal Inspector is seeking volunteers to assist with outreaching to the strays of Hamilton and surrounding communities. We are looking for people to help feed feral colonies, assist with trapping and possibly fostering rescued kittens. If interested, please send an email to email@example.com.