Skip Navigation

Detail Detail
Detail

New Residents Links
View Meeting Videos
 
This table is used for column layout.
 
 
More Citizen Action Center
 
Citizen Action Center
  • Pay Bills Online
  • Contacts Directory
  • Hours of Operation
  • Forms & Documents
  • Town Meeting
 
Hamilton MA on Facebook
Hamilton MA on Twitter
 
 
 
Liberty Road Markers
In a ceremony with dignitaries from France, the Town rededicated the Liberty Road Markers at Patton Park. These markers were a gift to the town from the people of France to express their gratitude for the role Hamilton’s General George S. Patton, Jr. played in the liberation of France.

hamiltonaboutphoto.jpg

Originally a section of Ipswich known as “The Hamlet,” Hamilton was incorporated on June 21, 1793. The Town was named for Alexander Hamilton, whose portrait became the town seal in 1903. Mr. Hamilton didn’t have any specific association with the town, but was most likely chosen for his importance in American history.

Hamilton is a rural community with a compact downtown area, residential neighborhoods, and open spaces. It is home to Bradley Palmer State Park, the Chebacco Woods, Chebacco Lake, Patton Park, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, and Myopia Hunt Club, among other notable organizations.


 
 
Town of Hamilton, 577 Bay Road, Hamilton, MA 01936   FAX: (978) 468-2682